Skip to main content
Paper questions help
- H1.H1Who usually lives here?
- H2.H2Counting everyone you included in question H1, how many people usually live here?
- H3.H3Starting with yourself, list the names of all the people counted in question H2 including children, babies and lodgers.
- H4.H4Apart from everyone counted in question H2, who else is staying overnight here on 21 March 2021?
- H5.H5Counting only the people included in question H4, how many visitors are staying overnight here on 21 March 2021?
- H6.H6How are members of this household related to each other?
- H7.H7What type of accommodation is this?
- H8.H8Are all the rooms in this accommodation, including the kitchen, bathroom and toilet, behind a door that only this household can use?
- H9.H9How many bedrooms are available for use only by this household?
- H10.H10What type of central heating does this accommodation have?
- H12.H12Does your household own or rent this accommodation?
- H13.H13Who is your landlord?
- H14.H14In total, how many cars or vans are owned, or available for use, by members of this household?
Individual questions 1 - 10
- 1.1What is your name?
- 2.2What is your date of birth?
- 3.3What is your sex?
- 4.4On 21 March 2021, what is your legal marital or registered civil partnership status?
- 6.6Do you stay at another address for more than 30 days a year?
- 8.8Are you a schoolchild or student in full-time education?
- 9.9During term time, where do you usually live?
- 10.10What is your country of birth?
Individual questions 11 - 20
- 11.11If you were not born in the United Kingdom, when did you most recently arrive to live here?
- 12.12Including the time you have already spent here, how long do you intend to stay in the United Kingdom?
- 13.13One year ago, what was your usual address?
- 14.14How would you describe your national identity?
- 15.15What is your ethnic group?
- 16.16What is your religion?
- 17.17Can you understand, speak, read or write Welsh?
- 18.18What is your main language? (If you live in England)
- 18.18What is your main language? (If you live in Wales)
- 19.19How well can you speak English?
- 20.20What passports do you hold?
Individual questions 21 - 30
- 21.21How is your health in general?
- 22.22Do you have any physical or mental health conditions or illnesses lasting or expected to last 12 months or more?
- 23.23Do any of your conditions or illnesses reduce your ability to carry out day-to-day activities?
- 24.24Do you look after, or give any help or support to, anyone because they have long-term physical or mental health conditions or illnesses, or problems related to old age?
- 26.26Which of the following best describes your sexual orientation?
- 27.27Is the gender you identify with the same as your sex registered at birth?
- 29.29Have you completed an apprenticeship?
- 30.30Have you achieved a qualification at degree level or above?
Individual questions 31 - 40
- 31.31Have you achieved any other qualifications?
- 32.32Have you previously served in the UK Armed Forces?
- 33.33In the last seven days, were you doing any of the following?
- 34.34Which of the following describes what you were doing in the last seven days?
- 35.35In the last four weeks, were you actively looking for any kind of paid work?
- 36.36If a job became available now, could you start it within two weeks?
- 37.37In the last seven days, were you waiting to start a job already accepted?
- 38.38Have you ever done any paid work?
- 40.40In your main job, what is (was) your employment status?
Individual questions 41 - 50
- 41.41What is (was) the name of the organisation or business you work (worked) for?
- 42.42What is (was) your full job title?
- 43.43Briefly describe what you do (did) in your main job.
- 44.44What is (was) the main activity of your organisation, business or freelance work?
- 45.45Do (did) you supervise or oversee the work of other employees on a day-to-day basis?
- 47.47In your main job, how many hours a week do you usually work?
- 48.48How do you usually travel to work?
- 49.49Where do you mainly work?
- 50.50What is the address of your workplace or depot?
Visitor questions V1 - V4
- V1.V1What is this person's name?
- V2.V2What is this person's date of birth?
- V3.V3What is this person's sex?
- V4.V4What is this person's usual UK address?