Communal establishments : I manage an establishment
This guidance is for managers and supervisors of accommodation where residents live or stay.
The communal establishment manager is the person who's overseeing the establishment at the time of filling out the census form.
If you manage a communal establishment, a census officer will deliver your census packs.
You could receive emails directly from your census officer.
What type of establishment do you manage?
- Student accommodation
- Care home, hospital or hospice
- Hotel, guest house, bed and breakfast (B&B) or hostel managers
- Boarding school or children's home
- Staff accommodation, religious establishment or commune
- Prison, secure unit or young offender institution
- Military base
What happens if I don’t complete the CE form?
Census officers will be in contact with you if the CE form is not returned. Refusing to complete the census is a crime. If prosecuted, you may have to pay a fine of up to £1,000 plus court costs.