I live or stay in staff accommodation, a religious establishment or commune

This is advice for residents in staff accommodation, a religious establishment, a commune, or similar.

All residents need to complete the Individual questions.

Do I have to fill in a census form here?

You should fill in a form here if you're a:

  • UK resident who lives or plans to stay at this address for six months or more
  • UK resident and have no usual residence elsewhere
  • non-UK resident who lives or plans to stay in the UK for three months or more
  • caretaker, maintenance worker or other staff, or a member of their family, who usually lives here and you have no other address

If none of these apply, you should be included on the form at your home address if you have one.

Note that this advice is not intended for people living in nurses' accommodation. See separate advice for nurses.

What do I have to do?

You should:

  1. Fill in the paper form if you have one.
  2. Don't worry if you can't remember all the details about yourself - just do the best you can.
  3. Put the completed paper form in the envelope and seal it.
  4. Put it in the post, or you can give it to the manager or a trusted friend to post for you.

In Wales, you will have the option to complete the census in either English or Welsh.

I need help to fill in the form

If you have difficulty filling in the form, try to get a family member or friend to help you.