I live or stay in a hotel, guest house, bed and breakfast (B&B) or hostel
This is advice for residents in a hotel, guest house, bed and breakfast (B&B) or hostel, with seven bed spaces or more.
Do I have to fill in a census form here?
You should fill in a form here if you're a:
- UK resident who lives or plans to stay in the establishment for six months or more
- UK resident with no usual home elsewhere
- non-UK resident who lives or plans to stay in the UK for three months or more and you have no permanent UK address
- caretaker, maintenance worker or other staff, or a member of their family, who usually lives here and you have no other address
If none of these apply, you should be included on the form at your home address if you have one.
What do I have to do?
- Fill in the paper form if you have one.
- Don't worry if you can't remember all the details about yourself - just do the best you can.
- Put the completed paper form in the envelope and seal it.
- Put it in the post, or you can give it to the manager or a trusted friend to post for you.
In Wales, you will have the option to complete the census in either English or Welsh.
I need help to fill in the form
If you have difficulty filling in the form, try to get a family member or friend to help you. Staff at your establishment may also be able to help you.