30. Have you achieved a qualification at degree level or above?
Your answers help your community by allowing local and central government to develop education planning and policies. They also help them to provide new learning and skills programmes in your area.
Your information helps show different levels of academic and vocational qualifications in your area and across England and Wales. It will also help to work out how these levels affect whether people go to university or gain employment.
Your answers can also help measure social mobility and equality in England and Wales.
The census first asked this question in 1961.
Please only include qualifications that you have completed and passed, and for which you have received your results.
Select "Yes" if you've completed a qualification at degree level. This might include a bachelor's degree or an NVQ at level 4 or above.
These qualifications usually apply to those aged 18 and over. Include all non-UK degree-level and postgraduate qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree, for example BA, BSc, BEng
- Certificate of higher education
- Degree apprenticeship
- Diploma of higher education
- Doctorate, for example Doctor of Philosophy – PhD, DPhil
- Foundation degree
- Graduate certificate or diploma
- Higher apprenticeship
- Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Master's degree – MA, MSc, MEng, MPhil
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) level 4 or above
- Postgraduate certificate or diploma – PGCE
- Professional qualifications, for example Chartership
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) level 4 or above
If your qualifications aren't listed, or you're not sure what the UK equivalent is, answer as best you can.
If you have not completed a degree-level qualification, select "No" and move to the next question, where we will ask more about your qualifications.
Please do not send proof
You don't need to send any certificates for your qualifications.
Answering for someone else
If you're answering on behalf of someone else, where possible you should ask them how they would answer. If they're away, answer as best you can.